I can finally afford my dream amp, but do I actually want to buy it? (Yes, apparently.)

Make it loud here.

What would you do?

Sure, buy the amp. It's a great piece of gear and you'll be able to use it to its full capabilities eventually.
63%
Don't buy jack. Hunker down and use what you have.
13%
Don't buy the amp. Spend a few hundred bucks on improving home recording setup and sock the rest away for the future.
25%

Total votes: 32

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I can finally afford my dream amp, but do I actually want to buy it? (Yes, apparently.)

Post by marqueemoon » Sun May 17, 2020 9:19 am

OffYourFace wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:01 am
Nice. I was never into Swarts until I saw the Buddy Miller Rig Rundown. I'd love to have the model he uses.
He uses a pair of AST Pros (AST chassis in a bigger/deeper cabinet). Probably a better match for the 6 string basses, baritones, etc....Also, I have mild GAS for a vibrato pedal after watching that.

He's awesome. I saw him with Emmylou Harris many years ago, and again with Julie at Bumbershoot maybe a decade ago.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Re: I can finally afford my dream amp, but do I actually want to buy it? (Yes, apparently.)

Post by OffYourFace » Sun May 17, 2020 10:55 am

You gotta get the Vibrato pedal. I have two of those waza reissues. I got them for $100 each used. Much better than $350-400 for an old one. Sounds the same.