Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp.

Make it loud here.
apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp.

Post by apache snow » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm

I just purchased a Fender tone master deluxe reverb amp. I know they probably cost too much for a digital amp but they sound just like the tube amp version. And they weight just 24 lbs. The reverb sounds exactly like a spring reverb. I'm really happy with it. I'm glad I got it. :)

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp.

Post by somanytoys » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Even though you feel like it was kind of expensive, as long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.

The digital stuff really seems to be coming into its own in the past few years. But it’s not cheap - not yet, anyway.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

andy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm

I’m glad to hear it sounds good! I’ve always wanted a Twin Reverb and the announcement of these got me very excited!
Send me western swing vids

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I got to hear one earlier this week and it sounded great. I’ve not spent enough time with a real DR to comment on a comparison but I initially didn’t realize it lacked tubes.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 am

^^That’s a great compliment in itself.

The weight difference in the Twin Reverb should be massive!

I had a friend that had a ‘70s silverface TR, and that thing was amazingly heavy. Sounded beautiful tho, if these things sound the same, you should love it.
-David

DiAmoroso
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DiAmoroso » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 am

I'm excited to try one of the Twin versions. If it's as good as they seem, it'll replace my tube Twin.
www.littleevilmusic.com

apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by apache snow » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 am

Yeah one of my picking buddies has a vintage 68 silverface twin reverb. Now that we are getting older he may have to get a fork lift to picket it up. He had shoulder surgery and theres no way he can lift it. So far this deluxe reverb really sounds good and I don't have any trouble transporting it. I think Fender has a winner. But there are some who will never have anything but a tube amp even though in their old age they cant hear themselves fart in a gallon jug. LOL

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am

Yeah, that’s definitely a concern as we age. I was a beast moving equipment when I was young, but now it’s a big deal. Luckily I can still hear!! Haha

That’s one reason why none of my guitar combo amps are larger than 30 watts (but still damn heavy), and my bass stacks have casters or are on casterboards. Those don’t help when you actually have to lift them, but it makes moving them around a hell of a lot easier.

I’m hoping that when I start playing out again, I can use my smaller (4 watt) Vox AC4’s, and just mic them if necessary, since huge amp volume isn’t very necessary anymore, just tone (another reason my amps aren’t more than 30 watts). Those little Voxes are louder than you might think, especially the 12” mini stacks, but they’ll still only do so much on their own.

And if I play bass, I’d probably use my Tech 21 VT DI pedal straight out into the board, and maybe also into a small bass amp as a monitor. I’m too used to having a bass amp on stage behind me, even when I’m going through the house system. Oldschool...
-David

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:39 pm

apache snow wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 am
Yeah one of my picking buddies has a vintage 68 silverface twin reverb. Now that we are getting older he may have to get a fork lift to picket it up. He had shoulder surgery and theres no way he can lift it. So far this deluxe reverb really sounds good and I don't have any trouble transporting it. I think Fender has a winner. But there are some who will never have anything but a tube amp even though in their old age they cant hear themselves fart in a gallon jug. LOL
Worth considering putting in some Jensen neo speakers - I had a 1968 twin (wish I still did) with EV12 speakers and I literally couldn’t lift it. The Jensens made it more than manageable and still really good sounding.

MuscleDad420
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MuscleDad420 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 am

These are clearly Fender going toe-to-toe with Quilter. I tried a ToneMaster DR a couple days ago at my local GC and it stacks up. If I didn’t already pick up an original ‘68 last month I’d have given it a shot, price be damned. :freako:

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 pm

If the sounds are that good, I’d think it would be worth the price.

Technology will probably keep improving over time in different ways, but if these sound like the real deal now, how much better can they get? Just smaller & lighter?

It doesn’t seem like these would end up becoming like most of the digital modeling pedals & amps from the early 2000s. Those sounded like shit even when they were in their day...
-David

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:33 pm

I mean they sound good...but so do strymons. If given the choice I’d still choose a real analogue tape delay over an el cap personally. Same could be said for these fenders. On paper, a tube driven DR doesn’t hold up to the convenience or efficiency that these amps supposedly have...BUT it’s the imperfections that is the draw

They mess up, they sound different sometimes...they are more “organic” less sterile and people will still prefer that. Others would prefer performance...there will be pros and cons. For example how will this new fender react with your pedal rig? Lots of things to consider...it does have some selling points though

higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by higgsblossom » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:21 am

Oh, I'm very much interested in these amps! I think it was a good choice to concentrate on getting one amp right, it seems like the logical development in amp modelling technology.
I'm just curious about one thing: Are those amps capable of a good reproduction of the classic tone which usually means high volumes, at a lower volume? I mean if you go direct, you should be able to dial in any tone you want at a much quieter volume - I imagine the direct tone being more or less independent from what comes out of the combo's speakers - or am I mistaken here?
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"

tdbajus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdbajus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 am

How does it sound with distortion?

daysleeperjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daysleeperjeff » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 am

So if I run a stereo pedalboard I could use one of these basically as a preamp & cab sim?

Also, How could I run into the audio interface in stereo with only 1 XLR out?

I was going to get a preamp Pedal & cab sim for my board but if this can do it I’d trade in my current amp for one. That alone justifies the price for me.