MOD kit - The Wave outboard tube reverb

Make it loud here.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

MOD kit - The Wave outboard tube reverb

Post by somanytoys » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

So after posting and reading on Fuzzjunky’s “How low can you go” thread, it started me thinking about my amps that don’t have reverb. I like reverb a lot - pedal reverbs and amp reverb (Accutronics tanks), and I think that tube reverb should be astounding.

So I saw a kit by MOD Kits on Reverb. Uses 4 tubes (3 12ax7 & 1 12at7), 3 springs and has 2 controls, on a rack mountable steel chassis, with feet to put in top of an amp. No cage, so I’ll probably rack it, and the head can sit on the rack, since they’re caged. ;)

It can be used with an amp or a separate line level in/out for studio. Nice option, if I ever use it that way.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience at all with these, I’m hoping I can put it all together with my considerably regressive skills in that area. Guess it depends on just how DIY it is.

If it’s as great as I think it’ll be, I’m done buying reverb pedals. I was anyway, I probably have too many already, but the only one I’d consider selling is the Neunabor Seraphim. Nice shimmer, but I’m not a huge fan of that wet algorithm.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.