New 2x6 EarCandy cab pre-order day

Make it loud here.
Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New 2x6 EarCandy cab pre-order day

Post by Fiddy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:55 am

Got it for my Zvex Nano... It replaces a massive 2x12 i had in my room. The 2x12 was just too big.

Now.. Let the countdown begin.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New 2x6 EarCandy cab pre-order day

Post by marqueemoon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:21 am

Cool. I've been pretty happy with my EarCandy cab. I wanted a little heftier sounding open back 1x12 and it definitely fits the bill.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New 2x6 EarCandy cab pre-order day

Post by somanytoys » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:35 pm

That's nice, I have one those and I'm waiting on a second one to be built. I'm also waiting for him to finish my Buzzbomb, he was working on them last week, so hopefully they'll both ship out soon.

I typically use the mini with my Bugera T5, 5 watt amp. The sound from the cab is a little thinner than what a 10 (or obviously 12) will do, but that's just the nature of 6 inch speakers. But it's a very nice sound.

Lately I've been coupling it with an Earcandy Sovereign that I've had for years now, and they sound really good together. The 12" Sovereign handles full range that the mini can't do alone, and I get very defined mids & highs with the mini. I think those minis can handle like up to 50 watts, right? Pretty crazy.

His cabs are really amazing at distributing sound, the sound is actually better being a little bit to one side, than facing it directly head on, with the combo cabs.

I think you'll like it with that application, it's a very grab-n-go thing with a small amp, and I think that will sound really good with that amp.

Congratulations!

Oh, also - Tim sells a cd or download to use to break in the speakers, in case you're interested. I bought the cd, and use it in an old portable cd player I have, to break in my new speakers. And from what he says, it doesn't have to be played loud, pretty low but you have to play it like 4 - 6 times or something. I figure even if it doesn't break them in completely, it'll go a long way, and I can finish it off by cranking the amp and playing.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.