Fender Super-Sonics?

Make it loud here.
secretroutines
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Fender Super-Sonics?

Post by secretroutines » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Ok, I need some advice. I need a new amp and I'm strongly considering a Super-Sonic 22, but I've come across some negativity about their QC. Does anyone on here have some long term experience with these that can confirm or deny some of the complaints? Mainly the popping switching channels and reverb being noisy.

Also, are these issues present on the 60 watt version? They are way more powerful than I need but since I'm going to use a load box it won't matter too much there.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Super-Sonics?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 pm

i cant say i've owned one but my old practice space had one. the reverb was no more noisy than some amps i've used. it seemed to survive my bandmate running like 6 fuzz pedals, 3 distortions, 3 overdrives and a booster week after week
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Super-Sonics?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:37 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 pm
it seemed to survive my bandmate running like 6 fuzz pedals, 3 distortions, 3 overdrives and a booster week after week
Well, I can't say much about the 22 or the 100 but I do own a Supersonic 60 head and it's my main amp since 2008 - 10 years - with only one tube change needed. So reliable. Even survived a bad high current cable that roasted half my pedalboard back in 2008. And I also play multiple fuzz pedals and boosts through it week after week.
It's a bit too loud (I play it at 0,5 and during rehearsals max. at 1,5x - is this a general Fender issue?) but I talked to my technician lately and we will try out different preamp tubes soon. That would be my tip for you as well! Get a Supersonic 60, change the first preamp tube. Or compare them if you have the chance to! :)
Great amps!