Amp upgrade: Need some wisdom!

Make it loud here.
øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Amp upgrade: Need some wisdom!

Post by øøøøøøø » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:45 am

Easier when it's fun to play because you like the sound coming out!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

Those are great amps, and I intend to get another one some day. Congratulations!
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larsongs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:13 pm

I had my Twin first & have always loved the Sound of it. But, It was really loud. Eventually I wanted something not as loud, as big & not 85 lbs. To lug around for the small to medium Gigs I play, rehearsal, practice & recording.

So I got a 65 DRRI. It took quite a while for it to break in to the point where I liked the Sound of it. I guess I'd been spoiled by my Twin or whatever.. Honestly, it took about a year & lots of playing... But, it finally got broken in & sounds great..

A few years later I see a lot of guys playing Princetons & they sound great! They're compact & light as well. They're as soft or as loud as you want them to be if you Mic them..

One day I was trying out a new Fano Guitar & the only a Amp available was a new 65 PRRI. So I plugged into it.... I really liked it. So I bought one of them as well.

My new PRRI sounded great from day one.. No break in required. Probably my favorite all around Amp..

The other 2 are great & definitely have their Place & Sound steller!

Bottom line... There is no wrong choice. They're all great Amps just any Guitar will sound amazing with.....

Good choice! Enjoy! You may end up getting on Fender Amps & want more!