NAD - Orange Rocker 15

Make it loud here.
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NAD - Orange Rocker 15

Post by Arthon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 pm

I bought this amp last friday. I had a really good price for it. I was in the market for a Princeton Reverb, but finally I preferred the Orange Rocker 15.

So the clean channel of this amp is awesome. It's not a Fender clean, but it really shine with all my guitars. 1 knob channel, so very easy to dial. I was sold on the amp just by the clean channel. The drive is also very cool; sounds very similar to the Tiny Terror but easier to dial with the 3 eq knobs. I know Orange are now know for the heavy distortion, but I prefer it when I dialed it for a good overdrive. It doesnt sound good when the gain knob is beyont 2 O'clock, but I dont have a "heavy metal guitar" either.

What I also really like is the loudness/quietness of the amp. The speaker 10" is super efficient, so it's loud enough to play in a band, but the bedroom switch (1w and 0,5 w) makes it possible to play in a appartment. I wanted a amp that is equally good at home and at reahersal and easy to carry. So that was it!

I have a Tiny Terror and like I said, it's really similar in term of tone (but I have a big 4x10 Orange cab for the TT). The big difference lies in the clean channel and the effect loops (and the bedroom switch). The Tiny Terror hate effects, except boost, overdrive and maybe a clean delay. Since reverb is essential to me, the Orange Rocker 15 effects loop make the amp better alot for my needs.

I could have bought a smaller cab for the Tiny Terror to help the transportation of the amp, but the difference in price between a 1x12 Orange cab and the Orange Rocker 15, with the addition of the clean channel, the bedroom switch and the effect loop, was not enough to justify buying the cab instead of the amp (remember I had a really good price).
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)