NAD!! Quilter Mini 101

Make it loud here.
jmurph
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NAD!! Quilter Mini 101

Post by jmurph » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:23 pm

I had already gotten some great Christmas gifts (a new turntable & some amazing albums), so imagine my surprise when a package arrived that didn't make it in time for Christmas morning...a Quiter Mini 101. Over the past year or so, I've watched most the videos about them multiple times. These little guys really do sound great, not identical to a tube amp, but I'd have no problem using it as my primary amp (which I'll probably do). I've only been able to spend an hour or so testing out the sounds, but that was enough to realize that it's extremely versatile. It seems a lot of people are put off by the EQ knob, but after very little tinkering, I was able to get the hang of it. To me, it provides a fresh perspective on EQ and encourages experimentation.

Don't let the size or the fact that it's solid state deter you from checking out one of these puppies. Volume shouldn't be an issue either. I had it plugged into a 2x10 cabinet & never turned the Quilter past 2 watts on the master, but it was plenty loud for practicing or recording. I'll be testing it at higher levels within the next day or so.