Teisco amp (I think?)

Make it loud here.
Marc
Expat
Expat

Teisco amp (I think?)

Post by Marc » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 am

Picked this up for £10 from Cash Convertors last week - they wanted a whopping £20 but I tremelo and reverb dead.

Zilch on these on Google apart from an old auction which says it is a rebadged TEISCO.

Tremelo working some of the time when on full pretty certain it's the pot. The reverb pan is toast so will see if I can get one super cheap on eBay - not bothered about that as I know it will sound awful.

Input 3 produces a very pleasing overdrive and can be pushed harder by turning by vintage guyatone compressor up to max output.

The pilot light has been bypassed for some unknown reason.

It actually sounds pretty decent so will def get it fixed up.

Anyone seen these before? I'm guessing it is a badge engineered mail order catalogue.

Drewbertca
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Teisco amp (I think?)

Post by Drewbertca » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Cool...power amp on a chip...

Marc
Expat
Expat

Post by Marc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Drewbertca wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:09 pm
Cool...power amp on a chip...
Yes I saw that - looked it up it was used on some consumer hifi such as Sanyo amps. The part is still available as NOS if it ever fails.

Marc
Expat
Expat

Post by Marc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:06 am

Further research seems to indicate that it was made by Fugi Gen. I posted on a Facebook Teisco group and the mod just immediately deleted it... so I left that group and joined another and posted there with same question and the fuckers did the same there too! They seem a bit elitist and mean spirited these Teisco enthusiasts.