Original 2010 RhoneyTone Amp is For Sale

Make it loud here.
GarryG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Original 2010 RhoneyTone Amp is For Sale

Post by GarryG » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:53 pm

I bought this amp from a local dealer some time back and have updated it with a beautiful cabinet made of 50 year old pine with blind-dovetailed joints and I installed a new 3 position power switch with off-standby-play and a second small LED to show when power is on. James Lance had installed one LED during construction however, I believe it was used to bias the preamp tube so it only lights up when in the play position. This was confusing to the buyer (Paul Rhoney) and I didn't like the design either. (I've also built lots of tube amps and other gear from scratch over the last 50 + years.) By the way, James did very nice neat layout and construction work and I am very impressed with his talent.
You can follow the complete design and construction details that appeared in this forum from about April 2010 till about July/August of that year.

Sorry but I don't have any way to do sound clips but the amp works great. I just have too many amps and not enough time. All offers will be considered If anyone is interested. I live in Yuba City, California. Hope the attached image is viewable since this is my first post. I first found this site in May 2017 while researching my late '50s Duo-sonic and was shocked to see all the posts about an amp that I owned.

Thanks, GarryG

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Original 2010 RhoneyTone Amp is For Sale

Post by Jaguar018 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 am

Hi Garry,

Cool amp.

There is a "For Sale" section that gets 'unlocked' when you write 50+ 'good' posts.

Right now though, this thread will probably be removed and you'll get a light slap on the wrist by the mods.

GarryG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Original 2010 RhoneyTone Amp is For Sale

Post by GarryG » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 am

Hi Jaguar018,

Sorry for my mistake but, thank you for explaining. I just thought that since the complete process of designing and building this amp was featured here that the amp's whereabouts would be of interest to the group.

GarryG