NAsD - Hotone 3x

Make it loud here.
mkt3000
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NAsD - Hotone 3x

Post by mkt3000 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Better late than never. I supposed it's a 3x NAD at best? Or a 2+1? Or a 1+2.

Remember, I live in an apartment. My Traynor is too loud when for the neighbors are in.

#1.

My Hotone British Invasion (Vox copy) died a few weeks back. There's been issues with the electrical due to lots of storm weather, and at some point my amp got fried. Well, Amazon's awesome, and they're went above and beyond to replace it under warranty. I'm getting nice REM-ish tones through this, which makes me happy.

Then #2.

After I finished talking with the Amazon support person, I checked out my account and realized I had almost $60 in Amazon credit. I personally really liked the tone of the British Invasion, so went ahead and bought the Purple Wind (Plexi) for $27 out of pocket. It sounds fucking great. I've got AC/DC tones when I play a humbucker guitar through it, and J Mascis noise when I play single coils through it. Seriously good.

And #3.

I was on a spree, I needed to get a third Hotone amp in a different flavor. Well, to have one functioning small amp at home while the other two arrived. I checked various websites, and found a $20 off $100 purchase Sam Ash coupon. I had some money hanging out in my Paypal and Venmo accounts, So I ordered the Mojo Diamond (Tweed) for in-store pickup, at a total cost of $39 out of pocket. It does the pretty Fender clean sounds we all knob and love very well, and when the gain is cranked up, gets some great crunchy blues tones.

All of them get played through my little 1x10 VHT cab. Again, apartment life.

I suppose all that's left is the Rectifier clone. And maybe the Ampeg SVT clone... except I don't have a bass or a bass cabinet.

And a pic:

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NAsD - Hotone 3x

Post by marqueemoon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Pretty cool. Nice way to get a variety of sounds with a small footprint and minimal dollars.