64 Custom Deluxe

Make it loud here.
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 64 Custom Deluxe

Post by Larsongs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
øøøøøøø wrote:To tell the truth, for the past 8-10 years or so, the regular Deluxe Reverb Reissue has sounded pretty damn good.
But this one is HAND WIRED!
What is it about Hand Wired? Can you really hear the difference? Ist it supposed to be higher quality & more precision built? Will it it have a longer usable play life?

I do like the solid Pine Cabinet. Wish all Tube Fender & Vox Amps were all built like that.

Lars

mekhem
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mekhem » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Tabling the "new vs. Vintage" debate (which I admit is interesting but ultimately unsolvable. See Vintage vs FCS, 70's vs current American standard etc..)

I did not need to hear that video.... Initially distracted by the Hair.... but man..... that tremelo and reverb on the standard...... Kinda want it now.

Will start looking to the used market next year.

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:31 am

I used to think that finding late '60s or decent '70 SF amps was a practical impossibility in Ireland - even less so ones converted to run on our voltage here in Ireland. And even more so if you consider that you're looking for something like a Princeton or Deluxe Reverb.

Then I found a '73 non-reverb Princeton (export) and a '71 Princeton Reverb (with a transformer that was easily converted to local voltage) within 6 weeks last year. And the all-original and lovely sounding PR was cheaper than buying a brand new PRRI.

I've since seen a SF Deluxe Reverb and a particularly lovely BF Deluxe Reverb ('65) go up for sale here (in the last year) - and the BFDR wasn't crazy money (it had a replaced grill cloth and missing logo, but was otherwise clean). In fact I think it was less than the price they're charging for these reissues.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's a better availability of vintage amps, even here in Ireland where I thought such things were limited to Vox and Marshalls, than I thought. And on that basis if I was to spend 3k on an amp, I know I'd try to buy something old that will at least hold it's value rather than an amp that will immediately lose some.