HH V-S bassamp troubleshooting

Make it loud here.
jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

HH V-S bassamp troubleshooting

Post by jorri » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Picked up one of these dirt cheap to try out. Its expected to have some issues for that price so hoping to fix it up (or if not might think about refunds)...

Basically the sound is very quiet, but creating occasional huge jumps with the gain cranked and digging in... something like a very extreme gate.

Doesn't appear to do this with the fuzz circuit engaged but its still seemingly quiet there.

Only catch is I'm using 'mixer out' and 'slave out' now for lack of a cabinet. But is not an acceptable sound coming through for even this application. I doubt that a lack of cab connection could cause this. Head is suitably battered, but only damage really appears to be a missing nut on the return jack which i'm not intending to use. Any thoughts or is it a case of finding the loose solder/wire? Busted transformer?.

Last year fixed up a Carlsboro stingray from the dead to top reliability, but need some pointers definitely!

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: HH V-S bassamp troubleshooting

Post by jorri » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Fixed: the magic of running the amp for a while and fiddling with the input socket. At least for now i think! Pretty cool amp I must say