Who's rocking an Orange amp here?

Make it loud here.
sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Who's rocking an Orange amp here?

Post by sessylU » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:33 am

I suppose that's the thing. I get the impression that a lot of what we call guitar amps weren't guitar amps. They were just amps for whatever. Basically PA of their day.

Other instruments developed better, more hifi, more realistic, means of reproducing their sound loud as fuck. Guitarists stuck with the massive valve amps that didn't do a very good job and produced distortion etc. But that's the sound of our instrument, so fair enough.

It might not have been such a neat, cut and dry thing as that. But that's always how I've assumed things went.
a total idiot jackass

echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by echobaseone » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/DFpe9sD
^I don't really know how this all happened. I sold off some synth stuff and had a little virtual coin in my pocket. Saw an OR15 for sale on my local Gear Swap, picked it up and fell in love with the ability to get chime AND a delightful overdrive out of the same amp. It was never gonna keep up with the band though. So I searched and searched and read and read and internetted. I ended up surprising myself by landing on the Rockerverb, specifically the 4x 6V6 version. Found a pristine version in Portland and a friend ferried it up. First impression was that it sounded great but hated my pedals, especially my Muff. This was unfortunate. I ran EVERYTHING through the effects loop and it was ok, but not what I had hoped for. So I figured I'd have no problem selling it, saw a great deal on an AD30 (which Schnobel demoed with pedals, quite favorably) and ordered it. The guitar in on this amp on Channel One is divine. Channel two, meh. Took pedals OK, again not so much the fuzz, and worse still the looper.
While I waited for the AD30 to arrive, I got more familiar with the Rockerverb, figured out how to adjust my Muff, and what to put through the effects loop, and now I'm really happy with it.
Bought the AD30 through Sam Ash, so I was able to send it back and only pay for the return shipping. I'd have loved to keep it for that channel one, but that's a pretty hefty investment...the OR15 gets pretty close (or at least that's what I'm telling myself) though it lacks that deep bass.

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:48 am

echobaseone wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am
^I don't really know how this all happened. I sold off some synth stuff and had a little virtual coin in my pocket. Saw an OR15 for sale on my local Gear Swap, picked it up and fell in love with the ability to get chime AND a delightful overdrive out of the same amp. It was never gonna keep up with the band though. So I searched and searched and read and read and internetted. I ended up surprising myself by landing on the Rockerverb, specifically the 4x 6V6 version. Found a pristine version in Portland and a friend ferried it up. First impression was that it sounded great but hated my pedals, especially my Muff. This was unfortunate. I ran EVERYTHING through the effects loop and it was ok, but not what I had hoped for. So I figured I'd have no problem selling it, saw a great deal on an AD30 (which Schnobel demoed with pedals, quite favorably) and ordered it. The guitar in on this amp on Channel One is divine. Channel two, meh. Took pedals OK, again not so much the fuzz, and worse still the looper.
While I waited for the AD30 to arrive, I got more familiar with the Rockerverb, figured out how to adjust my Muff, and what to put through the effects loop, and now I'm really happy with it.
Bought the AD30 through Sam Ash, so I was able to send it back and only pay for the return shipping. I'd have loved to keep it for that channel one, but that's a pretty hefty investment...the OR15 gets pretty close (or at least that's what I'm telling myself) though it lacks that deep bass.
Cool stack! You made the right choice going for the Rockerverb as a "bigger" OR15.
Too bad about the AD30!

You can't just post this and not tell us anything about the labeling on that Rockerverb...
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:09 pm

echobaseone wrote:
... saw a great deal on an AD30 (which Schnobel demoed with pedals, quite favorably) and ordered it. The guitar in on this amp on Channel One is divine. Channel two, meh. Took pedals OK, again not so much the fuzz, and worse still the looper.
I use a AD30TCH now. All my pedal in channel one. I dont play it with much gain on it, so most of my gain comes from my pedal. I would say that it dont take a normal Muff very well, but I have a clone with a mid control and it's really usable. It takes my RAT and my OCD very well too. I used to use a Fuzz Face with great effect too. The crunchier channel 2 is great on it's own, but dont takes pedal well, especially modulation and reverb. I only use it alone, very loud, feeling Hair Metal.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:09 pm

echobaseone wrote:
... saw a great deal on an AD30 (which Schnobel demoed with pedals, quite favorably) and ordered it. The guitar in on this amp on Channel One is divine. Channel two, meh. Took pedals OK, again not so much the fuzz, and worse still the looper.
I use a AD30TCH now. All my pedal in channel one. I dont play it with much gain on it, so most of my gain comes from my pedal. I would say that it dont take a normal Muff very well, but I have a clone with a mid control and it's really usable. It takes my RAT and my OCD very well too. I used to use a Fuzz Face with great effect too. The crunchier channel 2 is great on it's own, but dont takes pedal well, especially modulation and reverb. I only use it alone, very loud, feeling Hair Metal.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by echobaseone » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Steadyriot. wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:48 am
You can't just post this and not tell us anything about the labeling on that Rockerverb...
Fair enough. People, when they find out we're in a band https://oliverelfarmy.bandcamp.com/, always ask what kind of music we play. It's too difficult to list off post-punk, garage, psych, etc. So we came up with "Sinister Pop" as our descriptor. We still get the same blank looks, but it takes less time! ROCKERVERB is a pretty dumb name, so I made it even dumber.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 am

:D 👍🏻 I dig it
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

postboredom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by postboredom » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm

i had a dual terror for a hot minute. Fun amp, but i couldn't get past the single tone knob.

I want free range to crank mids.

Mandeezee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mandeezee » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:00 pm

CR 120H. I run it through a Sourmash Marshall 1922 spec 2x12 loaded with Carvin British 100's.