Vox 60th Anniversary AC15 and AC30 Handwired ... GO!

Make it loud here.
Srellim1
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Vox 60th Anniversary AC15 and AC30 Handwired ... GO!

Post by Srellim1 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:12 pm

I agree with you w/ respect to JJs.
I replaced the original Ruby tubes w Tungsols and they lasted 2 years before they started to really go. I replaced them with a full set of JJs. I couldn’t get them out fast enough. I don’t care for them in my Super Reverb either. Just a bit to strident or fizzy when driven or when used with dirt pedals. For some reason they sound great in my Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I’ve never used anything else in it though. When this round starts to go, I’ll either replace them with Tung-Sols or try some NOS tubes. I feel as though rolling tubes will be much more rewarding in the Vox, however.
Good luck with those 60th Anniversaries! They sound fantastic in the promo materials.

eigentone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vox 60th Anniversary AC15 and AC30 Handwired ... GO!

Post by eigentone » Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Srellim1 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:12 pm
I agree with you w/ respect to JJs.
I replaced the original Ruby tubes w Tungsols and they lasted 2 years before they started to really go. I replaced them with a full set of JJs. I couldn’t get them out fast enough. I don’t care for them in my Super Reverb either. Just a bit to strident or fizzy when driven or when used with dirt pedals. For some reason they sound great in my Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I’ve never used anything else in it though. When this round starts to go, I’ll either replace them with Tung-Sols or try some NOS tubes. I feel as though rolling tubes will be much more rewarding in the Vox, however.
Good luck with those 60th Anniversaries! They sound fantastic in the promo materials.
The Tung Sols can go from the AC30 to the DRRI if you get good old 12AX7s for the AC30. ;)

Yeah, these 60th Annis sound great. Really fat and rich. And deafeningly loud.