Amp smells like cigarettes when tubes warm up.

Make it loud here.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Amp smells like cigarettes when tubes warm up.

Post by 46346 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:52 am

AWSchmit wrote: If I'm playing she will come and turn the amp off as well.
hmmm. could be a budding club owner. let's hope not!

every now and the jewel light on one of my old old amps burns out, and soon after i end up leaving it on unnoticed for at least a week while using other amps. nothing ever happens. it might even be a good idea if the amp is new and still under warranty, to get the components fully burned in. if i'm gonna take an amp on tour, i'll often run it around the clock before the last rehearsal before leaving just to make sure it's solid. but nothing ever comes from it.

it actually sounds like a good solution for the smell.
Cat Museum, ACME, Malcolm Mooney, Dream Apes, The Cooling Time, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Quarks

AWSchmit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Amp smells like cigarettes when tubes warm up.

Post by AWSchmit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 am

46346 wrote:
AWSchmit wrote: If I'm playing she will come and turn the amp off as well.
hmmm. could be a budding club owner. let's hope not!

every now and the jewel light on one of my old old amps burns out, and soon after i end up leaving it on unnoticed for at least a week while using other amps. nothing ever happens. it might even be a good idea if the amp is new and still under warranty, to get the components fully burned in. if i'm gonna take an amp on tour, i'll often run it around the clock before the last rehearsal before leaving just to make sure it's solid. but nothing ever comes from it.

it actually sounds like a good solution for the smell.
Thanks for the input!
I finally finish building a guitar, go to play it, and then remember, "oh yeah, that's right. I suck at playing... Why did I build another guitar again?"