Coming up

Make it loud here.
Racing
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Coming up

Post by Racing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Thought some of you might find entertainment in what´s due so here goes...

ATM i´m knee deep in rebuilding the part of the shop where i do amps. Guess it´s time to put the bigboy pants on to an extent. That hasn´t stopped me from diggin out fresh meat tho!

Nicked a Vortexion. Old British made amps. Mainly fabled for their studio stuff. Kind of the British Klein&Hummel. IOW..the good stuff. This one in a real sad nick tho...

Amp is old,and it shows. Radiomuseum claims it as "1950?" but after having dived into it i believe it to be a bit earlier still. Them wax capacitors and in turn resistors weren´t used in later incarnations. Sry to say Mr Handyman has been at it,again,but..a real nice Belgian gentleman was kind enough to send me a reverse engineered schematic for it so..
It´ll receive the full 9 yrds tho. Uses a massive choke between the HT centertap and ground,a´la old Gelosos and what not,and in turn uses an interstage transformer for PI.

Then for an old Swedish made Elektrofon VF 25. A PA as well,most likely from the -50´s sometime. Neat build..

Preamp setup is a bit different tho. 7F7 throughout basically..

Neat build as stated. As it turns out though the PT´s taken some damage why the one tap for secondary HT is shot. Will see how to handle that..'

To compliment my RPG-70 tube tester i got this "DIY" kit.... A U-Tracer. A "real" tube tracer in short that will compiment that RPG well.

Then for yet another German made amp. A Heraton 345H. Designed by Kurt Rankl back in the day. Kurt designed and produced amps for Framus for a long time and somewhere down the line-mid 60´s or so-that collaboration went belly up and Kurt came to market his amps under his own tradename - Heraton. Not as scarse as the Hummel Studio Guitar...but then again not exactly common amps either. Claimed to be of real high build Q.
Sry to say most of them old Heraton amps were born amidst the "horsepower wars" (read-wattage wars) in the late -60´s/early -70´s rendering that most of them are insanely high powered.
Not so this 345H,as you can see it sports a quad of EL-84´s.