Question For 65 Deluxe Reverb RI Owners!

Make it loud here.
nikkij
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Question For 65 Deluxe Reverb RI Owners!

Post by nikkij » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:52 am

Hi All,

I'm going to be purchasing a blackface DRRI in the next day or so. I'm going to be looking to plug it into my 8ohm Marshall 4x10 cab. I'm just curious about how the speaker outputs on the DRRI work. There are two speaker jacks, one for the Internal speaker and one for External speakers. In between the two jacks the text says "Parallel Speaker Outputs" and "8 Ohms Total".

So should I be unplugging the Internal speaker when I plug in the extension cab, or should I be leaving them both plugged in to achieve the right ohmage? And if I leave them both plugged in, will there still be a signal sent to the internal speaker, or will it automatically cut that out?

Thanks so much for the help guys! Any input is appreciated, I really don't wanna blow up my new amp!

Jake

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Question For 65 Deluxe Reverb RI Owners!

Post by Arthon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:04 am

The total load of the DRRI is 8 ohm. So normally, you would have to unplug the 8 ohm internal speaker and plug your cab in the the same input (not the external one), BUT...

The transformer in those Fender, Vintage or Reissue, are able to handle mismatch load. So, you can plug your cab in the external speaker input while the internal speaker is still plug in his input. Both (cab and internal speaker) will be working.

The only thing you dont want to do is to unplug your internal speaker and plug your cab in the external speaker input. It can seriously damage your amp.
Last edited by Arthon on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

nikkij
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nikkij » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 am

Arthon wrote:The total load of the DRRI is 8 ohm. So normally, you would have to unplug the 8 ohm internal speaker and plug your cab in the the same input (not the external one), BUT...

The only you dont want to do is to unplug your internal speaker and plug your cab in the external speaker input. It can seriously damage your amp.
So if I want to only be using the speakers in my extension cab I should unplug the internal speaker and then plug the external cab into the internal speaker input? Thanks!

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:54 am

nikkij wrote:
Arthon wrote:The total load of the DRRI is 8 ohm. So normally, you would have to unplug the 8 ohm internal speaker and plug your cab in the the same input (not the external one), BUT...

The only you dont want to do is to unplug your internal speaker and plug your cab in the external speaker input. It can seriously damage your amp.
So if I want to only be using the speakers in my extension cab I should unplug the internal speaker and then plug the external cab into the internal speaker input? Thanks!
Yes!
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

nikkij
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nikkij » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Arthon wrote:
nikkij wrote:

Yes!
Thanks man!