Shipping a Marshall Head in a road case?

Make it loud here.
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Shipping a Marshall Head in a road case?

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm trying to sell my Marshall 2466 head w/ roadcase.  I've got it up on ebay but only for local pickup.  I'm afraid of the cost of shipping it, it's HEAVY!!!  Anyone have an idea how much shipping would cost on such an item or anyone have experience with this?
The amp itself weighs about 50 lbs. and I think the roadcase weighs around 20lbs.    I just don't know if it's cost effective for the buyer.  thanks!

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Shipping a Marshall Head in a road case?

Post by JazzBlaster » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Take it someplace and get a shipping quote, then you'll know for sure.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm

JazzBlaster wrote: Take it someplace and get a shipping quote, then you'll know for sure.
what, like UPS you mean?  I hate carrying the thing  ;D  Maybe I can figure it out at USPS.com but I don't think any of the little old ladies at my post office can pick it up off the counter!

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I meant like a pack-n-mail type place, they ship all sorts of shit.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 pm

call up your local UPS folks...  There are online calculators, too.  Just toss in an extra 10lbs or so for packing.

I'd guess it'd be around $100 or so to ship it to the left coast.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:50 pm

cestlamort wrote: call up your local UPS folks...  There are online calculators, too.  Just toss in an extra 10lbs or so for packing.

I'd guess it'd be around $100 or so to ship it to the left coast.

Thanks!  I think it's gonna be more like $120  :(    I should try to sell it without the roadcase, split 'em up...  so I can actually sell the thing.

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 pm

maybe edit it to have shipping a possibility -- price TBA.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

With a flight case, I would just ship it in the case with no packing on the outside. I use stainless steel wire to wrap around and through butterfly latches to keep anyone from opening it without some effort. Sometimes tape around it too. I have shipped and received several like that and never had an issue. Also, at this point in time, USPS will probably be the most expensive courier. FedEx have been pretty reasonable for me, but I guess it all depends on where it's headed.

justin
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:49 pm

i love sharin foo wrote: With a flight case, I would just ship it in the case with no packing on the outside. I use stainless steel wire to wrap around and through butterfly latches to keep anyone from opening it without some effort. Sometimes tape around it too. I have shipped and received several like that and never had an issue. Also, at this point in time, USPS will probably be the most expensive courier. FedEx have been pretty reasonable for me, but I guess it all depends on where it's headed.

justin

I was thinking of just covering the case with cardboard and making cutouts for the handles.  This way, the case doesn't get any heavy scratches or cuts.  I may just come up with a buy-it-now free-shipping price.