This amp is in great shape - looks good and sounds good. Very quiet and clean. It starts to break up at about volume 7 and gets grittier the further you go. Tremolo works perfectly. Also sounds outstanding with my '63 Fender Reverb Unit.
This amplifier is all original with the following exceptions done by previous owner(s):
- Tubes: All replaced with old stock USA tubes (General Electric), all tested well in the good range.
- Speaker: Replaced with a 12” Utah from same era
- Grill cloth: Replaced with old grill cloth from a 1964 Tremolux speaker cabinet
- 2-prong electric cord: Replaced with a 3-prong ground plug
- Power Transformer: 606 350 1963 week 50
- Output Transformer: 606 349 1963 week 49
- Chassis: P07546 1964
- Tube Chart: NB 1964 Feb
- Speaker: 328 418 1964 week 18 Utah
This era of Fender amp never had an amp Logo but was given white knobs to compliment the "new" black tolex look (aka the tuxedo Princeton). This year was the first year they offered the black tolex. I'll try to get a demo video out soon for anyone interested in hearing it.